Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Average of cells in a column if the top cell is a color

On Nov 23, 3:35*pm, Ana wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to average the budgets of vendors whose contracts are final
in a spreadsheet. I have 60 budgets total. Some are finalized and some
are in negotiation. Each corresponding column contains the budget
numbers, both those in negotiation and those finalized. The columns
that are final will continue to increase as budgets become final. I
can't for the life of me figure out the formula.

For example, A1, B1, and C1 contain vendor names. These cells are
shaded yellow if in negotiation or green if final. If A1 is green, I
want to include A3, A5, and A7 in the average. I want to average only
the green columns across all 60 sites. Can anyone help? I can also add
a row above the vendor names to include the word "final" if that makes
it easier.

Thanks!
Ana

Your version of excel ?
How did the cells become colored? Conditional Formatting or manually.
Send me your file if you like dguillett1 @gmail,com