Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default How do I have a cell value define a dynamic named range?

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:04:04 -0700 (PDT), Don Guillett
wrote:

On Oct 25, 8:19*am, CellShocked
<cellshoc...@thecellvalueattheendofthespreadsheet .org wrote:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 05:55:13 -0700 (PDT), Don Guillett

wrote:
Perhaps you may now understand WHY I offered to have you send me your
file.

* And I may post a grab of my file to mediafire or the like. Just not the
file as is,so there would be a delay while I construct the 'sample'
workbook.

Always nice to mention excel version in the OP.

* Yes, well... *There was a time before the apps cost several hundred
dollars more than they are worth when everyone could have been expected
to be on the most recent version.

* Since the price is so high, you guys now have to expand your window of
coverage. *so yeah, I should have mentioned it. Another sad indicator
though. *I *should* be able to define a name from the insert dialog
(ribbon) without bringing up the name manager from within the "formula"
ribbon. *

* I will continue tonight after I get back from work. Thanks, bro.

=======
I have some clients still using xl95. I have to design for THAT.
You can customize your quick access toolbar to add the name manager
icon
Send the file DIRECTLY to me if desired. If all else fails, just run
the macro I gave you. You didn't answer the question, "Did you attend
Texas A & M" .. Us old folks do not use the term "bro"

I did not school in Texas. I did add the name manager to my Qa
Toolbar. I am going to work on it further this evening.