Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default How do I have a cell value define a dynamic named range?

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 05:35:40 -0700 (PDT), Don Guillett
wrote:

Insertnamedefinename Print_Area

Excel 2007 and 2010 does not have this menu structure.

I *can* go into the name manager and redefine the "Print_Area" name.

Note however where I mentioned the use of "a" header. NOT the system
header and footer.

Thanks though. I think somehow you have failed to see what it isI am
after. You never make a mention of the CELL I want to be REFERENCED to AT
ALL TIMES in this. The size of the dynamic range MUST be based on the
value of THAT number.

I did NOT ask for the standard "dynamically expanding range" stuff.

I wanted a dynamic range that gets its size set hard and fast, based on
the value in that cell. I keep seeing dynamic ranges, but no way for the
range size to have been based on that cell value.

SO either I missed something in you responses, or you missed something
in the criteria and gave your response from an assumption of what "I must
be wanting".

I will try what you have here (thanks), but I doubt it will be what I
am after. I know I mentioned a "header" but I wasn't referring to the
system's print job header in this case. I was referring to my form and
attempting to differentiate for you that it (the dynamically expanding
zone) falls in the center of a non-dynamic set of rows both above and
below.