Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default How do I have a cell value define a dynamic named range?

On Oct 22, 1:18*pm, CellShocked
<cellshoc...@thecellvalueattheendofthespreadsheet. org wrote:
* I want to make a worksheet where the user places a whole number value
in a cell. *That value is then relied upon to define the number of rows
in a named range on another worksheet in the same workbook.

* So, it would define say, the number of shelf positions on a wall.

*So, the range would be from say 10 to 45 shelf positions, depending on
the user's choice of the other worksheet's referred to cell value.

* Or would it be simply easier to define a number of named ranges on the
worksheet which include the numeric, then refer to that named range in my
subsequent formula scripting

name your range colA and in the formula
=offset($a$10,0,0,a1,1)
or better yet to make it SELF adjusting based on the content of col A
=OFFSET(Sheet4!$A$10,0,0,MATCH("*",Sheet4!$A:$A,-1)-9,1)