Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ty Ty is offline

Default SumByColor & #NAME?

On Aug 11, 9:27*am, Gord wrote:
You don't "run" functions.

Gord

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 05:07:37 -0700 (PDT), Ty
wrote:

I have the code in Visual Basic. *This is a post of me not knowing how-
to use the code and execute it. *I don't know how to run it.- Hide quoted text -

Gord, Correct. Functions are not ran. I'm still learning or
refreshing my memory and reading. "..A function is a pre-set formula
which can be written directly into a cell, to display an
outcome....etc..."

Gord! I don't see function(or User Defined) in Visual Basic. I had
to copy(drag it) the function I needed in this thread from the sample
to my VBAProject. When I click on Insert, I have:

1. Procedure
2. UserForm
3. Module
4. Class Module
5. File

After I dragged it, I right click on Functions and it has a REMOVE
Functions.

The Function shows up under Modules and then Functions in the Sample.
I searched the Excel help.. It has an example"Writing a Function
Procedure" with a sub that has a function but do not say how to create
a function.