Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ty Ty is offline

Default SumByColor & #NAME?

On Aug 10, 8:23*pm, Gord wrote:
Where is COLORINDEXOFRANGE function?

Where is COLORINDEXOFONECELL function?

All I see at your posted URL is sumbycolor and countbycolor functions.

Go to Chip Pearson's site and download the mod ColorFunctions.bas file
found on this page.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx

"You can download a module file that contains all the code on this
page. The various procedures within the modColorFunctions.bas module
call upon one another, so you should import the entire module into
your project, rather than copying single procedures"

Contains all the functions you need, including the two you are using
in your formula.

To add a *.bas file to your workbook, go to VBE and right-click on
your workbook and select "Import File"

Browse to where you have stored Chip's file, select and click OK.

It will be imported as a Module.

Gord Dibben * *Microsoft Excel MVP

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:51:08 -0700 (PDT), Ty
wrote:

I read the post from Dec 22, 2006 by vkauahi with help from Gord
Dibben in here. *vkauahi "figured it out". *I'm undable to figure this
out. *I used to use this alot. *I read from the following url and
downloaded the sample. *I'm still unable to figure it out why I have
#NAME?. *I have the #NAME? when I try to use the SUMPRODUCT listed
down below.

http://www.excelexchange.com/SumByColor.html

=SUMPRODUCT(--(COLORINDEXOFRANGE(B11:B17,FALSE,
1)=COLORINDEXOFONECELL(H7,FALSE,1)))

I can see the Functions(Code). *But no Macros to run. *Tried copying
one of the functions into the Macro to run but I still don't have a
clue.

Do someone have an easy answer for me using Excel 2007?

Thanks in advance...- Hide quoted text -

I have the code in Visual Basic. This is a post of me not knowing how-
to use the code and execute it. I don't know how to run it.