Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kittronald kittronald is offline

Default Searching for text within formula

Isabelle,

That's close to what I was trying to accomplish.

How could I shorten the macro below to select Sheet1, replace the
text "Sum" with "Product" in the formula only in the named cell on
that worksheet called "First_Cell" ?

Sub Test()
'
' Test Macro
'

'
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Application.Goto Reference:="First_Cell"
ActiveCell.Replace What:="Sum", Replacement:="Product",
LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False,
_
ReplaceFormat:=False
Cells.Find(What:="Sum", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas,
LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:=False _
, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
End Sub

I need to find a good book on writing macros in Excel.

- Ronald K.