Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Gord is offline

Default SUMPRODUCT query

ColorIndex is not a native Excel function.

I would suggest you had an add-in or personal.xls with that UDF

When you upgraded, you did not bring that with you.

See Chip Pearson's site for some code and a downloadable workbook with
all the colorindex functions.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Colors.aspx

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 23:27:19 +0100, "Rob"
wrote:

Hi

I have a table where I want to record any number of items that I pass on to
people by putting their initials into a cell..

Whenever I put the initials of a person into a cell, I want the background
colour for the cell to change to red and then have a "Total" cell which adds
up how many cells have changed colour, ie how many items have I passed on.

JP TC RH BJ SH Total
5

I have used in the past the following
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(B2:G3)=2)) which worked ok for a while but now I
cannot get it to function properly.

Also I have upgraded to Office 2010 so is this why it will not work.

Any help appreciated.

Regards, Rob