Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kerry[_2_] Kerry[_2_] is offline

Default Excel false positives for circular refs and not updating calculations

I created an Excel 2007 workbook w/ hundreds of formulas and large
enough amounts of data to require using manual calculations turned on
to edit at all. At some point during my development I noticed Excel
didn't seem to completely calculate everything when asked, and turning
to Automatic calc doesn't fix it. It doesn't crash, and even finishes
w/n 5 minutes or so when calculating. But it clearly doesn't update
everything. I can tell this by going into a cell's formula bar and
pressing enter, which does update the value (in most cases, sometimes
it doesn't).

I notice I'm also getting circular references warnings where they
clearly do not exist, for instance, for cells that refer to other
cells that do not refer back to them.

Has anyone had such an issue? I'm use to Excel crashing when I push it
too hard, but this is completely new and much more dangerous. I can't
feel certain about any of my calculations!

BTW, I typically do split up my work in smaller Excel files, but in
this instance, it will cost me dearly to have to split any of it up.

Thanks for any help,