Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AKrobbins AKrobbins is offline

Default data validation across multiple columns

I'm attempting to include a stop message when a person enters "0"
across multiple columns. The data entry person has the option to use
"1" or "0", however if they use zeros across the multiple columns I
want the person to be alerted to this error. Here is the the data
structu

ID V1 V2 V3
1 0 0 0
2 1 0 0

I'm currently using this formula to flag cases that reported all "0"
in the three columns: =IF(SUM(V1:V2)=0,"Missing", "NA".

However I want to use the data validation tool instead so the person
doing the data entry gets a warning that a data entry error occurred.
I used the above formula in Data Validation: Customs and when I tested
to see if an error message came up after entering "0" in all three
columns no message came up. I am not macro savvy so I was hoping I can
solve this issue with formula. Any help is appreciated.