Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Denis[_4_] Denis[_4_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 Charts & Memory Leak??

I have an Excel 2003 macro that creates line charts using defined
names to specify the x and y values for one or more data series on a
chart. This macro also uses the Dictionary object. Those are the
only two features that I can think of that are perhaps somewhat unique
to this macro.

When I run this macro with Excel 2003 to create about a 100 charts or
so in the same workbook, everything runs fine. I can watch the memory
usage via the Task Manager and the usage peaks at about 100M.
However, when I run this same macro under Excel 2007, the memory usage
grows continually to over 1G and 2007 eventually crashes as it runs
out of memory.

Given that I can watch the memory usage grow as more and more charts
are created, that leads me to suspect that Excel 2007 has a memory
leak somewhere. Does anyone know of a memory leak that might be
associated with this kind of a macro?

Denis