Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ty Ty is offline

Default Less Excel more Math

This post is less about Excel and more about Math and percentages. I
have some numbers and trying to think. It's like I need some NZT like
the movie Limitless if you are reading this post and saw the movie.
Anyways...

I need 3% of a total number. Then I need to check to see if the
customer actually has 3 % in the actual number in another column(E2).
I have 120(F2) and I did a =+F2*0.03 which equals 4(in G2). Now the
customer just so happen to have 4 in column E2. So, now I need to
check to see if they are at 3%. So, I did a =+E2/F2(in i2). I have
that the customer is right at 3%(in i2).

Here is another example using the logic up top.

715(in F3) 21(in G3) and my answer for the percentage is 3% (in i3)

Is my logic ok?