Biff

Hi!

This works in a single formula but requires that you use named ranges.

Assume your headers: RUNS, H, HR are in the range B1:?1

Note: in your post you had "R" as a header. Excel will not accept that as a
name for a range so I changed it to "RUNS".

So, name all the ranges the same as the header. For example:

B1 = RUNS =$B$2:$B$11
C1 = H =$C$2:$C$11
D1 = HR =$D$2:$D$11
etc
etc
etc

Formula to sum total of ranks:

=SUMPRODUCT(RANK(B2:D2,INDIRECT(B$1:D$1)))

I didn't try this on 26 named ranges but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Biff

"Tim Otero" wrote in message
Thanks Vasant,

Usually I can come up with something pretty quick, but this one has me
stumped. thanks again for your help.

Vasant Nanavati wrote:
Sorry; not having a good day today. Will try and think of a more elegant
solution tomorrow!