Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Binary operator (?)

You got the explanation, but this is one reason I like this format:
=countif(a1:a30,""&"")

or even
=countif(a1:a30,""&999)

I think it makes it easier to see what's happening.

On 03/18/2011 02:37, Scossa wrote:
Hello,

I' apologize for my bad english......

Everyone know logical operator "=", "","<","=", "<=", but i found
that this operator "" in a function like CountIf()

=CountIf( A1:A30, "")

returns the numbures of cells that contain text.

But unlike others operators, if you try somthing like =A1A3 yuo
can't close edit.

I haven't found nothing in on-line Excel documentation about this.

Ideas???

Bye!
Scossa

--