MargueriteL

Default What worksheet function will formatlessly copy cell contents?

hi!

I'm trying to get MS Excel to autocreate my serial numbers. This requires
doing one of the following:
a. a formula entry that will (regardless of formatting) give me EXACTLY what
is in the reference cell (unlike the CELL function, which reformats the
reference); or
b. some sort of formatting/function call that would take date (mmddyy)
values from one column, numerical values from another column, and letters
from a third.

I know how to stitch together my values, but the "general" formatting keeps
changing my dates into an apparently unrelated number.

Thanks!