Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default Importing from a Notepad file

When youi Import or open a *.txt file the Text Wiizard will pop up and
in Step 3 under Column Data Format you can select Text.

Leading zeros will be held.

Gord

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:07:53 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I want to import data from a comma separated Notepad file. When I import into Excel I find that the leading zeroes are dropped and I don't want this to happen. I have some fields that should be "000" not "0".

Is there a way to import without losing all these zeroes?