Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Saxman[_4_] Saxman[_4_] is offline

Default Merging data from several Excel 2010 spreadhseets

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:24:12 +0100, Bob wrote:

OK, here's the situation...

I've got a membership database which has been exported from an Access
Database into a number of different Excel spreadsheets. And of course I
don't have the original! It's split into about 10 spreadsheets and I
need to create a single one by merging the data from the various sources.

All the spreadsheets start with "Membership number" in column 1, then
different data. The spreadsheets don't necessarily contain data for
every membership number, and in some cases there are multiple entries
for the same membership number. There are about 4000+ membership
accounts, otherwise I'd just spend a while on the copy/paste buttons.

Is there a way I can set up some sort of merge which will carry the
various elements of data into the primary spreadsheet with all the data
for each membership number spread across the cells on a single line?

Thanks in advance.

I found this very easy, but it costs!

http://www.informationactive.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ActiveDa.../6/h7YjVMjHzDs