Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Gord is offline

Default Sheet Protection

This is usually overcome by using code to unprotect sheet, delete
chosen column(s) then re-protect.

Sub test()
With ActiveSheet
.Unprotect Password:="mypword"
Selection.EntireColumn.Delete
.Protect Password:="mypword"
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:17:35 -0400, Mark Wolf
wrote:

Hello,
I have a problem protecting a worksheets.
Basically there are several columns on this sheet where I enter date,
employee ID number and it gives me other info about this employee in
other columns retrieved from yet another sheet. The problem I have is
that this workbook is used by other people and they often accidentally
delete formulas I have in those other columns. So I wanted to protect
the sheet leaving only those columns where we type in, unprotected.
Everything works fine except that I also have VBA code which tells
excel to keep the format of the sheet (for print purpose) the same
when we update this sheet dally deleting some rows with Ctrl+D. So,
protection works fine but when I try to Ctrl+D to delete a row excel
won't let me. Is there any way to fix this problem?
Appreciate any help
Mark