Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Gord is offline

Default I believe JBeaucaire meant the VBA sheet first.

Sub add_1_to_range()
Dim rng As Range, ocell As Range
Set rng = Range("B2:B173")
For Each ocell In rng
If ocell.Value < "" And Application.IsNumber(ocell.Value) Then
ocell.Value = ocell.Value + 1
End If
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 23:26:28 GMT, Lisa Cervantes
wrote:

Hello... This is almost exactly what I am trying to do, I have the "add 1" macro as discribed above working for one selected cell...

But I am trying to add 1 to the individual values of multiple cells when the "add 1" macro is ran. Can the code be modified to add 1 to the individual values of a predetermined group of cells? In my case it would be B2:B173...

Thank you!!!

On Monday, January 12, 2009 2:01 AM Ro wrote:

I need to create a button that will ADD 1 to a cell everytime I click it.
Actually 3 bottons (1,5,10). I will need to repeat these buttons for 50
students to their total score. I don't know if this matters. I don't mind
creating buttons as long as they're easy to program.
Help Obe Wan

On Monday, January 12, 2009 2:43 AM JBeaucaire wrote:

To keep from needing 150 macros, just use 3. Here are your macros, put
them into your sheet first.

Code:
--------------------
Sub Add1()
Selection.Value = Selection.Value + 1
Beep
End Sub

Sub Add5()
Selection.Value = Selection.Value + 5
Beep
End Sub

Sub Add10()
Selection.Value = Selection.Value + 10
Beep
End Sub

--------------------
Now turn on the Forms Toolbar, draw a button and select Add1 macro. Draw
another and select Add5, and the third uses Add10. Edit the text on the
buttons.

Now, the buttons will add the values noted to the currently selected
cell. If you don't like the "beeps" delete them, I thought the audible
confirmation the macro ran and the number was added was a good thing in
this situation.

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73

On Monday, January 12, 2009 8:48 AM Ro wrote:

I do not understand "put them into your sheet first"
I am using Access 2007 if that helps.
How do I "put" them?
Thanks again,
Ron

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

On Monday, January 12, 2009 3:25 PM Luke wrote:

I believe JBeaucaire meant the VBA sheet first. However, you just mentioned
that you are using Access, and this is the Excel newsgroup. Are you in the
right forum? If you meant Excel...

From spreadsheet, right click on sheet name, choose "view code". Paste
JBeaucaire's code there.
--