Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mark F[_2_] Mark F[_2_] is offline

Default How can I refer to a row

I want to refer to a fixed row in the spreadsheet, but to the column
that matches the column that the reference is in, but I want to
use a name for the fixed row.

for example, Row 2 has the multipliers that I need in the formula, so
I now have in cell F10
+F$2*{etc}

For clarity, and perhaps for moving things around, instead of using $2
as part of the cell reference, I'd like to be able to use a
"Row label".
and have something similar to:
+F${Row label}{etc}
in cell F10

Does this concept exist?

I tried Insert Name Label
but it seemed like I could only name a part of a row or a column, not
define something to be a row number.

I thought about:
1. insert a column,
2. label the cell in that column and that row as
MultiplierRowNumber,
3. put +ROW() in the cell MultiplierRowNumber.

I then might be able to get the value that I am interested in by using
the ADDRESS function, MultiplierRowNumber, and the number of the
current cell, but that seemed like it was too complicated to be the
right way to do things.