Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Colin Hayes Colin Hayes is offline

Default Popup to show ongoing activity

In article , Jim Cone
writes
The way this would normally work is to create a userform with your message on it.
Then call Thisworkbook.RefreshAll from the UserForm_Activate event.
Then close the userform when the code completes.

The hang-up may be if the userform code doesn't wait for the refresh to complete.
It that happens you will have to determine if there is some flag is available that will
tell you the
refresh is complete.
(for instance, does some cell on your worksheet always change at the end of the
refresh)

Hi Jim

OK Thanks for getting back.

Sounds encouraging. Can you point me in the direction of some code /
advice to do this? I'm not sure that I'm technically able to carry out
what you suggest , but I'll have a go.

BTW Yes , there is a cell which always changes at the end of the refresh
so that would be available to use.

Best Wishes