Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
StargateFan StargateFan is offline

Default Change to formula to make it go to next weekday (i.e., avoid weekend days)?

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:49:59 -0700, "Jim Cone"
wrote:

You want to keep the formula unchanged, but get a different result. That's funny.
Here is what I might do...
=CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(TODAY()),TODAY()+1,TODAY()+1,TODAY ()+1,TODAY()+1,TODAY()+1,TODAY()+3,TODAY()+2)
Format the cell as: ddd.mmmm.dd.yyyy
'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
http://blog.contextures.com/archives...ith-excel-vba/
(workbook with "universal" Last Row function code - free)

"StargateFan"
wrote in message
I have a very specific formula that I need to keep the same. However,
I need to make the output come out as a weekday at all times. How can
I do this pls?

=CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(TODAY()+1),"Sn","Mn","Tu","Wd","Th ","Fr","Sa") &
TEXT(TODAY()+1,"\.mmm.dd.yyyy")

Thanks so much!! :oD

Jim, going cuckoo here. Everything I've tried to get my customized
format results in an error. Nothing I've tried worked. As always,
I've googled and googled (couple more hours for today to add to the
count) but am no closer to a solution.

On this page, I found a shorter formula which I hoped I'd be able to
add my custom day formatting to
(http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-105...xcluding-1.htm)
since it might be easier for me to modify:

=A1+1+2*(WEEKDAY(A1)=6)

changed to meet my cell reference: =B2+1+2*(WEEKDAY(B2)=6)

but I just get #VALUE!

Your formula works but it gives me the standard ddd.mmmm.dd.yyyy
format.

Can anyone direct me to a function, perhaps, where I can change the
weekday display to my "Sn","Mn","Tu","Wd","Th","Fr","Sa"? Since there
doesn't seem to be a way to get this to work via a formula that I can
find, perhaps there is a way to change the settings in Excel? That
would make my life much easier if the days of the week always
displayed as Sn, Mn, Tu, Wd, Th, Fr, Sa.

Thanks.