Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_2_] Terry Pinnell[_2_] is offline

Default Weird corruption of hyperlinks

Dave Peterson wrote:

I'd double check that hyperlink base. I've never seen excel behave that way and
changing the hyperlink base has worked for lots of posters.

And after you changed the hyperlink base, did you change the hyperlinks back to
what they were supposed to be. That was the purpose of the link to David
McRitchie's site.

Thanks Dave, appreciate your sticking with this. I'm taking another hard
look at it.

One aspect that I'm finding hard to grasp (haven't touched this stuff for
ages) is the syntax itself. For example, I enter the full location:
C:\Docs\SUNDRY\CD+DVD\CD-DVD Inserts\Anthony39\Front4.jpg

If I then save the spreadsheet (which, in case it's relevant, is at
C:\Docs\Touch_Pro2 My Documents\MyTP2Misc\DVD-Index.xls)
re-open it, and use Edit Hyperlink again, Excel 2000 now shows it as
...\..\SUNDRY\CD+DVD\CD-DVD Inserts\Anthony39\Front4.jpg

Why is that please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK