Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Gord is offline

Default How to copy a range of cells and paste into a new workbook in different columns

Not using "select" will speed things up also.

A recorded macro will give you this................

Columns("B:B").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet6").Select
Range("C1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

The equivalent is this with no screen flicker......................

Columns("B:B").Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet6").Range("C1")

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:45:18 +1000, Mas wrote:

Hi all,

I have created a macro that copies and a number of columns and pastes
them in a new workbook in a variety of columns but the macro look
unprofessional as it flickers between copying column A and paste in
column A of the new workbook, copy column C and paste in column B, etc.

I would like to copy a range i.e. column A, C, D, F, G in the open
workbook and paste in a new workbook in columns A, B, F, G, H. without
all the flicker between workbooks etc.

Appreciate any help I can get.