Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech[_4_] Jim Rech[_4_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 noncontiguous cell highlight color=light,light blue. How do I make it darker, or like Excel 2003 ( I'm extremely shade blind-PLZ HELP !! )

MS acknowledged this problem in effect when, some years ago, one of the MS
troops released a "workaround" that was so kludgy it wouldn't be worth your
time even if you or I could find it. Not that I have a better answer but
maybe someone does.

However in Excel 2010 it looks like the problem was addressed in that, to my
eye anyway, the range highlighting is back to how it was in 2003.

"DCJM" wrote in message
m...
I have extreme shade blindness & need massive help. In Excel 2003, if I
select 5 noncontigious cells the last cell retains it's color while the 1st
4 become a darker color, like emerald green, charcoal or something, which I
can see and keep track of which cells I've selected. In Excel 2007 this
color is a blue so light that frankly I can't see it. How do I change this
color(& I guess in Excel 2010 also) back to the way it was in Excel 2003,
or something dark that I can see? Thanks, Dave