Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tonso Tonso is offline

Default autocorrect question

Using xl2003, i have created several autocorrect shortcuts. 2 examples
are using ./ to create a bullet, and p\ to create the Greek
small letter pi. I have noticed that with some shortcuts, i can enter
the shortcut, such as ./, and the next keystroke i make will result in
the shortcut being replaced with the desired replacement, such as a
bullet. But in other instances, such as p\, i have to follow it with a
space in order for the replacement to appear. I realized this is no
great big deal, but am curious if anyone knows why this is, and how to
overcome it. Right now i have to, for example, type p\space, then
backspace to eliminate the unwanted space.

As always,

Thanks,

Tonso