Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Colin Hayes Colin Hayes is offline

Default Modifying a protect unprotect macro

In article , GS writes
Colin Hayes pretended :
...I just want my answer to the first Yes / No prompt to be
implemented to all sheets in the workbook rather than be asked for a
decision on each one in turn. In the calendar project which we were
discussing this means 12 popups boxes every time. I was hoping it
would be a simple thing.

So then, to achieve this more easily, move the iteration into a
front-loader sub and ask the Q there 1x. Revise your protect proc
accordingly. I think you'll be happier with this approach! (If I get
time I'll modify the calendar project to demonstrate this and email a
copy to you)

Hi Garry

Yes , thank you. That would be very kind.

The protect unprotect macro I have been using , and seek to modify , is
not specific to any workbook. It protects / unprotects any open book you
run it on.

I was seeking a modification whereby a popup would request whether the
user wished a more sophisticated protect with specific permissions , or
a simple one. The Yes or No answer would provide this and act
accordingly on all the sheets in the workbook. It's just a generic
macro. I see entirely what you're saying , and agree with the
modifications you suggest but modifying specific workbooks to match the
macro kind of defeats the generic integrity doesn't it? Or do I have
this wrong?

^_^

Best Wishes