Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pablo Jaramillo Pablo Jaramillo is offline

Default Excel 2007: How do I group rows upwards instead of downwards?

Well, I just registered to answer this question. it was so frustrating to try to find out this option...

To enable the "grouping upwards" (or grouping by the first row) you have to go to the Outline section in the Data tab and click the right-down corner of the box. In that settings box that pops up, unselect the option "Summary rows below detail"... and it's DONE!!

I hope this helps somebody else to solve this "silly" issue...

On Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:46 AM BoB SG wrote:

Was fine in older versions but cannot find the settings for grouping rows or
columns.

On Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:03 AM Davesexce wrote:

That's interesting,
do stairs go up, or do they go down?