Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default counting records by month and year / date format issues

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:54:21 -0700 (PDT), Barbara Sabatino wrote:

I have data I've exported that is in format mm/dd/yyyy. I'm trying to
pivot to count the number of records per mmm-yyyy. Is there a way to
change or convert the data of the date--not just the format--to dd-mmm-
yyyy such that I can then add a formula to pull the middle and end
(using MID function) to just give me the mmm-yyyy for my pivot? Or an
esier way if anyone knows that achieves the same endpoint would be
greatly appreciated.

If your dates make up the rows of the pivot table, you can right click/ Group / select months and years.