Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nemo[_2_] Nemo[_2_] is offline

Default Changing Hours in working Days

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 16:43:56 -0500, GS wrote:

[...]

This doesn't explain why you're calcing 'days'

, set in an account,using them as hourly leaves.

IOW, you're implementing a 'Banked Hours' system. This is typical
practice for businesses that pay employees by the hour on an 'as needed'
basis so that when work is plentiful (a.k.a.: 'in season') the employees
can work as much as they want but only get paid the normal weekly hours
so that when it's 'off season' they can 'draw' on their banked hours.
Often, the workers are laid off and so the banked hours are used to
supplement ui benefits. (legalities set aside!<g)

[...]

joeu2004's suggestions look good to me and so I won't be adding anything
here.

Thank you GS for your answer....that does "calcing" mean, perhaps
calculating? If so, there are a lot of employee, who have many holidays
(vacacy days) to enjoy and banked hours coming from overtime, and for the
Company all this is a Cost!

So, we need the total amount of *days* to enjoy per employee month by
month.

We are payed monthly and not by hour, of course, there are overtime.
Usually, people, who need money, choose the payed overtime system,
whereas employee, who need to leave the work, very often, for family
reason or personal/medical one, choose the Banked Hours system.

All this is legal, by National Contract, signed by National Unions and
National Trade Sector Leadership.

I clarify all this, because you were interested, even though it's Off
Topic :-).

So...have a nice time, and thank you for your attention!

Nemo