dctrs8tn dctrs8tn is offline
Junior Member

Default Need lot of help with linking spreadsheets

Ok, so I want to start this out saying that I'm not asking for someone to code this all for me...I know that would be dumb. I just need help being pointed in the right direction. I do have a limited knowledge of VB.

Ok so what I want to do is:

I have a file (a) that is created nightly...saved under a new name based on the date.
I want to create a program/file that, when run, will
open a second static file (b)
then run a macro to update specific cells within (b) with specific data from (a).
- the data in (a) is always saved to the same cells in each new sheet
- the data in (b) needs to move over each night. (if I need to make several programs to do this that's fine, but I was thinking that there has to be a way to update that with some sort of array)
- once the data is updated, I want to run a macro I have already created to print several copies of some sheets in the wb.
- and finally I would like to save, and email the new file to a specific person's email.

can someone please point me to some tutorials that will detail how to do each of the things I need? Like I said, I'm gladly willing to look up the stuff and do the work. I just keep getting sent to random threads here when I google stuff so I figured this would be easier.