Christopher Dawes

Thanks, I already did. It doesn't address the situation outlined.

"bigwheel" wrote:

"Christopher Dawes" <Christopher wrote in
message ...
Hello,
I have a distribution mailing list of individual names that I would like

replace with group names that individuals are members of, without

resorting
to the eyeball method. In this example, Chris & Johnston belong to a

Product
Group, so I can replace them in my Master List with the Product Group in

my
Revised Master List. I would like to identify Chris & Johnston as

duplicates
and remove them entirely, as opposed to relisting Chris & Johnston as

unique
records. I realize that this is far better suited to Access, but don't

have
Access. Any way to do this in Excel?

Master List Product Group Want This: Not This:
Angela Angela

Angela
Chris Chris

Chris
Dominique Dominique Dominique
Johnston Johnston

Johnston
Maria Maria

Maria
Michelle Michelle
Michelle

I've tried using the Advanced Filter to display unique records, but that
relists the unique record, rather than eliminating it from the results.

Thanks,

Chris

Have a look at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm