ShaneB ShaneB is offline
Junior Member

Default Calculating Expiration Dates w/ Color & messages

Hello,

I am a new user and what would be considered a noob or newbie. My knowledge on Excel is to the basic level only. The more extreme Formula writing is beyond my capabilities and this is where I need help.

Can anyone please give me, in lamens terms, how to set up an excel spreadsheet that would take a Date of Issue for License Drivers and calculate the expiration date (which would be 1 year after), and also calculate 20 days before expiration date with color coding.

So, let's say I have a driver that was approved and issued a 1 year driving permit on 2/25/2011 in cell F3. I would like to have the next cell to the right automatically calculate the expiration date of 1 year after 2/25/2011. This is the first part.

Part 2
I also need it to automatically highlight the Row of the driver (in this case Row 3) in Yellow when it comes upon 20 day's before expiration date. Also I need it to change to Red when it has reached or past the expiration date.

Is this at all possible? If so, can you please detail exactly what I need to do. Thanks !!