Erik Sauceda via OfficeKB.com

Default Index & Matching Functions

I have created a workbook with three sheets. The first contains data
pertaining to a project type and a specific ID number that I have assigned
to it.

For Example: 1 Areospace Ground Equipment Complexes
2 Hangers
3 Maintenance Facilities
4 Warehouse
Etc.....

I have another sheet that contains a database of all my firm's completed
projects in which I detail several fields (i.e. project number,
description, location, cost, client, and its Project Type ID#-taken from
the list aforementioned list).

My third sheet is the one that I have the problem with. I am wanting to
type in the Project Type ID# and have Excel sort through the database on
the second sheet and provide me with a list of entries on this sheet that
match that Project Type ID# on the second sheet.

I get it to where I use the Index fuction and Match function nested within
(putting it where the row entry would go) but I only get the first entry
that matches the Type ID not the rest. (In reallity there are serveral
projects that have pertained to the same Type ID but different clients and
different locations)

Question: How can I get it to give me all the entries that match that
specific Type ID that I have entered? Can this even be done in Excel?

Any help? Thanks!

E-mail: