Mazzaropi Mazzaropi is offline
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdawn View Post
I need the formula look in all of the columns at one time and I want it to report back the column heading of the column that contains the number I am searching for as well as the row title. For example if I want to find the number 85. I would like excel to give me the gear settings "low b3". This does not have to be in one formula but can be in two. Low=column heading b3=row heading.
Thanks.

Dear mdawn, Good Evening.

I did an example for you.
It´s here : 16-02-2011_ExcelBanter_Search_for_MDAWN_V1-0.xls

ATTENTION:
As you are looking for a specific number, if at a table there are repetitive numbers your answer will be the first gear setting number that the formula finds.
The search occurs left to right and top to down.

I used Conditional Formatting to show the value at a table.
Just as a appearance complement.

Look at the number 3 at the example.

Tell me if it worked for you.
I hope it can help you.