Ranjan Poudel Ranjan Poudel is offline
Junior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Nichkaode View Post
Hi,

I have an XLAM (Add-in) which opens a workbook, works upon it and saves it
with SaveAs in the same format as that of the original workbook opened. I get
this error with message "The specified dimension is not valid for the current
chart type" at randomly when the SaveAs operation is called.

Any idea why am I getting this error at SaveAs as I believe the error has
got something to do with Charts/Graphs.

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Anand,

The problem occurs whenever the default chart type is set to other chart types than the ones you are trying to create. For an example, if you try to create line chart and if the default chart in Excel is OHLC (Candlestick Stock Chart) then Excel will be fast to complain "The specified dimension is not valid for the current chart type". The same occurs even if you try to create charts from VB.NET. Hence, first of all change the default chart type to some basic chart types like Line charts. The problem will be solved.

Cheers, Ranjan Poudel
Kathmandu, Nepal