Excel_Lent Excel_Lent is offline
Junior Member

Default Dotted Border Quality in Excel:Mac 2011

I just upgraded to Mac 2011 (from Mac v.X). In the documents I use everyday I have a lot of cells bordered by the smallest dot border. I find when printing this border prints out thin and is easier on the eyes than most of the line borders.

Anyway, since upgrading to the newer Excel I've noticed the print quality (and even the PDF quality) of that particular border is bad. It's inconsistent from one like to the next. Whereas in v.X where the dotted line prints up like a thin line, the 2011 version will print up with some lines looking like lines, other lines looking like dots.

If I open the document back up in v.X it looks normal again.

I've attached two examples. Pic 1 is from version 2011, pic Pic 2 is from v.X

This is a nit-picky sort of topic but I find it's a bit harder on the eyes. Any idea on why this is happening?

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Images