AnnieMa AnnieMa is offline
Junior Member

Default Calculating and concatenating from absolute to unit coordinates

I have a spreadsheet with two columns for two-decimal coordinates (X and Y) denoting the absolute location of points (=absolute coordinates). I need a to transform the coordinates to only indicate which of four 50cm2 units within each square metre the point is found within (=unit coordinates). The 50 cm units are named according to orientation within the square metre (NW, SW, NE, SE).

The decimals of each X and Y should be used to calculate the corresponding unit and the metre coordinate should be extracted, resulting in unit coordinates in a separate column (i.e. 114,33x 115,45y = 114x115y SW).

There are four variants:
,0-,49x/,0-,49y = SW
,50-99x/,0-,49y = SE
,0-,49x/,50-,99y = NW
,50-,99x/,50-,99y = NE

Y is increasing from S to N, and X is increasing from W to E.

Is there a calculation that allows me to do this?

All help much appreciated!