Francois_Provost Francois_Provost is offline
Junior Member

Thanks Myrna.

Unfortunately, I've tried to specify the 3rd parameter (the guess), and it doesn't work. However, if I change some of the "early" dates in the cash flow to put them later in time, it does give me a result. Obviously, this is of no use to me because it does not reflect real-life events, but I was just curious to see if eliminating a "large" gap in the cash flow (4.5 years) could make XIRR work properly. I guess that this is not a bug in Excel XIRR function, but some incapacity of the "Newton algorithm" to complete properly in this kind of situation. In any case, thanks for your help.

François