glowdark glowdark is offline
Junior Member

Smile need help using vlookup,max and offset functions!

Hi! I need serious help! I am currently looking at three columns of data- A-"Town", which includes 3 towns- X, Y and Z with multiple names in each. The "Names" are in column B & each name corresponds to a number which is in column C-"Degrees".

I need to be able to set up the excel sheet so that if I enter any of the Towns into a certain cell, the Name with the highest degree from that town will show up. The name and the degree both need to show up. I have tried using vlookup, max, and offset functions in combination with each other to try to find a result.

I need help please! It is very appreciated! Thanks!