smanning smanning is offline
Junior Member

Location: Montreal, Quebec

I've been plagued by this issue intermittently since upgrading to Excel 2007. In my case, it's always the x-axis values that get jumbled up.

Believe it or not, the solution that I've found is simply to make sure that underlying data is sorted properly. For me, if the x-axis values (which are almost always dates) are not in order, the "Point" value in the data labels shown on hover are incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearl View Post
In Excel 2007, the line and scatter charts do not display the correct x,y
values when the cursor is hovered over a data point. Excel 2003 displayed
the correct x,y values. Is there a way to correct this problem in the 2007
version?