abbsy3 abbsy3 is offline
Junior Member

Default Macro to lookup a sheet, number, then display in origonal sheet

Hi,

As you may have already guest I am new to the forum and Excel Macro's. I am using Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet with 3 sheets (WILL HAVE 20).

All information is entered into the 'Data' sheet. The 'Data' sheet has 5 refrences (Ref, Text, Slave, Module, Bit)

Ref, Text, Module and Bit are repeated within each 'Slave' book dependant of which slave is listed in the 'Data' sheet.

What I want to do is dependant on what Slave, Module and Bit is selected in the 'Data' sheet, the information in 'Text', 'Module' and 'Ref' is automatically displayed in the relevant 'Slave' sheet from the 'Data' sheet.

Please see attached file.

Sorry if I have not made it clear, but hopefully you get the idea. This will save me copy and pasting the relevent 'text and ref' info from the 'Data' sheet to each and every 'Slave' sheet. 40 sheets with 135 bits of info!

Thanks

Mark
Attached Files
File Type: zip SAMPLE1.zip (89.5 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by abbsy3 : November 8th 10 at 02:19 PM Reason: Not clear first time, and attached example