View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  

Send a message via Skype™ to Judy P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepeteus Jedermann View Post
Hi,

try to do the worksheet protection by VBA-code rather than manually.
Pay attention to Worksheet.protect methods "Userinterface only" property.

UserInterfaceOnly - Optional - Variant - True to protect the user interface, but not macros. If this argument is omitted, protection applies both to macros and to the user interface.

If UserInterfaceOnly = True, then users can't change values at worksheet but your code can. Even if the worksheet is protected.

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I am oblivious to Visual Basic code. Everything I had done so far is just by copy or trial and error. I am not sure how to incorporate the protection in the code. Will I need to insert the "unprotect" and "protect" before and after each event? Can I still use a password? Will it still work the same way that it does right now?

The worksheet that this is for, contains salary information for each country/office. This information will be linked/referenced in another worksheet within the same workbook. I would like to have two levels of protection, one that allows only managers to access the salary worksheet, the other protection is to prevent managers from editing the timestamp cells. I hope that helps make my intentions clearer.

Thank you so much for your reply. I don't know where else I can find this information. You're my hero.