Judy P. Judy P. is offline
Junior Member

Location: Northern VA
Send a message via Skype™ to Judy P.
Unhappy Worksheet_Change Event with Range Protection

I have been copying and pasting pieces of codes, when I finally get it to work, I do something and it stops working, recently, I added Range Protection (passwords).

Objective:
I would like for cell B4 to update/timestamp the current date and time when any of the cells within the range "Data_UpdatesUS" changes. I would also like for cell C4 to update if the range "Data_UpdatesEU" changes, and so on for IN, CN and BR.

To understand, IN=India, CN=China, etc. The range of cells represents salary information for each of the employee types in column A.

I have Range Protection (password protected, let's say 1234US) applied to each of the named ranges. I also have worksheet protection (password protected, let's say 1234).

This code works if the sheet is NOT protected at all:

If Not (Application.Intersect(Target, Range("Data_UpdatesUS")) Is Nothing) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
If Not (Application.Intersect(Target, Range("Data_UpdatesEU")) Is Nothing) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("C4") = Now()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
If Not (Application.Intersect(Target, Range("Data_UpdatesIN")) Is Nothing) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("D4") = Now()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
If Not (Application.Intersect(Target, Range("Data_UpdatesCN")) Is Nothing) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("E4") = Now()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
If Not (Application.Intersect(Target, Range("Data_UpdatesBR")) Is Nothing) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("F4") = Now()
Application.EnableEvents = True

However, when I add the protection, it stops working.

Is there anyone who can help???