RameshS RameshS is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedchew View Post
Have you tried the VLOOKUP function for this?
yeah! Used that. Let me explain my problem more clearly with an example. This is the data I have in the two sheets

Stock Account Date Quatity Price
A sam 15-Oct-08 1,300,000 38.2
B sam 15-Oct-08 70,000 52.1
C sam 15-Oct-08 25,000 51.8
D monica 16-Oct-08 1,166,594 38.9
E jia 16-Oct-08 50,000 49.3
F rachel 16-Oct-08 50,000 49.7
G rachel 17-Oct-08 86,936 86.0
A rachel 3-Nov-08 6,700 594.5
K rachel 3-Nov-08 31,449 349.0
L rachel 19-Nov-08 6,450 457.8
A noel 19-Nov-08 2,516 323.1
G noel 19-Nov-08 4,034 323.8
B noel 20-Nov-08 1,450 314.9
D noel 20-Nov-08 1,350 313.0

Now in a new sheet I have created a drop down list. So when we select a company from this list, I want it give the list of all the transactions. So if I select A, it shud give all the 3 transactions in A with the deatails in the 4 other columns towards the right also.

Last edited by RameshS : September 24th 10 at 12:02 PM