wickedchew wickedchew is offline
Senior Member

Location: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundesvan View Post
Is it any way i refrase the formula?

My need is that when i report the result for the match it has to use the goals to se who wins.

If the + goals is larger than the - goals I got 3 point, if its similar i got 1 point and smaller i got 0.

But, when i havent puttet in any results it thinks the result was even because B2=C2 (0=0) and input 2 points.
Let me breakdown the formula and explain it to you:

=IF(AND(B2=0,C2=0),0,IF(B2C2,3,IF(B2=C2,2,0)))

First Part:
IF(AND(B2=0,C2=0),0
If both B2 and C2 are zero, the output is zero

Second Part:
IF(B2C2,3,
If the + Goals is greater than - Goals, the output is 3

Third Part:
IF(B2=C2,2,0)
If both B2 and C2 are equal, the output is 2.

The formula follows a HIERARCHY. So if at this third part both B2 and C2 are zeros, it will be evaluated by the first condition and not by the third condition.

I'm also confused with what you want to happen if both + Goals and - Goals are the same. There are conflicting outputs you want.

Attached is your excel file with the above formula in column E.

Your last post:
"If the + goals is larger than the - goals I got 3 point, if its similar i got 1 point and smaller i got 0. "

Your first post:
"So if the score is equal then show 2 point."
Attached Files
File Type: zip fifa.zip (32.1 KB, 39 views)
Asobi Wa Owari Da