kevin jackson kevin jackson is offline
Junior Member

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert K View Post
I have used VBA a few times and I am taking a finance class where I need to
be able to calculate a porfolio's risk (standard deviation).

Here is what I am trying to do:
With user defined stock symbols and date range, go to either MSN Money or
Yahoo!Finance and retrieve historical closing prices and populate it back in
Excel. From there do a little data manipulation to prep it for the
calculations. The goal is to make it user friendly, hence the use of VBA
forms, etc.

Here's my problem:
The data manipulation and calculations are not a problem once the data is in
Excel. My question is "How do I get the historical stock prices based on the
user defined data (symbol and date range) from MSN Money or Yahoo!Finance and
populate it in Excel?"

I have racked my brain for the past four days trying to figure it out. I
would appreciate any help.

Robert
That is really nice i never thought of something like this. Can the same standard deviation be used to predict future price movements?