wickedchew wickedchew is offline
Senior Member

Location: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc grody View Post
Hi

I am looking for some help in reformatting the Date and Time. I have imported a large amount of data into EXCEL. The Date and Time are currently shown in one field in the format dd/mm/yyyy hh::mm. I need to seperate them into two fields - date and time. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Let's say that the value in A1 is 01/01/2010 11:30 AM

B1 =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-9)*1
C1 =TEXT(A1,"HH:MM AM/PM")*1

The reason why these formulas are multiplied by 1 is to have them stored as numbers and not as text.