wickedchew wickedchew is offline
Senior Member

Location: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMunday View Post
I do not know any VB but I have experience with C and Java. I have data
sets on a worksheet that are from different days, which are then
orgranized into one worksheet per week. Can anyone explain how I could
make a form inside a work sheet that would allow me to enter in a pair
of dates to display a particualr summation of the data set in a graph
depending on the time frame the user requests.

EX:

Hours worked sheet:
9/22/04 15
9/23/04 4
9/24/04 10

Report Sheet:
Data Range: __________ (user enters: 9/22/04 - 9/24/04)
Hours worked: 29

Thanks,
David

--
DavidMunday
Let's say:

Column A has your dates
Column B has the hours worked

In C1 You should have a Start Range then C2 would be the End Range.
=SUM(INDIRECT(CONCATENATE("B",MATCH(C1,A:A,0))&":" &CONCATENATE("B",MATCH(C2,A:A,0))))