Dyan Dyan is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala_vb View Post
Attached is the spreadsheet fetches all the files from the particular folder.
I truly appreciate your help and time, but that is so far over my head that I wouldn't know where to start.

Now that I've played with this a bit more, I know this is basic and I'm probably posting in the wrong formum. But I can't get things to work, and I don't know why not.

I have a spreadsheet with the file numbers. Btw, these are loan numbers rather than file or spreadsheets. The point is that I have my data, and I can apply the formula to obtain the last two digits of each. So now I have something like this....

Loan # Term Digits
7977634 34
16556300 00
7847344 44
8361829 29
7976682 82
8250334 34
8201514 14
8191585 85
8220618 18

Now I need to assign an employee based on the term digits. The if statement that I'm using is not working, and I can't even get a simple one to run. I'm trying this =IF(C2<50,Sheryl,IF(C2<99,Lisa)). And the results keeps coming up "false", so there is probably something very basic that I'm missing and I haven't a clue what. All I want is for it to tall me that if the term digit is between 00 and 49, the employee is Sheryl. If it's between 50 and 99, it's Lisa.

Last edited by Dyan : July 18th 10 at 09:39 PM